Playing leadership games is a popular technique that has been used in many leadership training camp or courses. These games are usually more interactive, as compared to other mind teaser games like chess or solitaire. To some, these leadership games might seem nothing more like a kiddy’s playground, but in actual fact, these leadership games are a good estimation of how good a leader you will be or how compatible you are as a leader. These are definitely necessary, and it is not a wonder that more and more successful businessmen are participating in leadership training courses. Check out how these leadership games will get to improve your management style and improve the quality of your leadership.
Most leadership games would involve role-playing games (RPG) whereby the player is a head of pack or platoon. With that in mind, the player is suppose to the ultimate leader in ensuring that the objectives of the games are met by making use of several sacrifices, strategy planning and sleek tactics.
It might sound ridiculously simple here, but the role-playing games are actually harder than most people think. Popular game role-playing game would be ones like World Of Warcraft and Medal of Honor. These games focus a lot on planning and sacrifices in order to determine the winner. Despite the blood and gore can be found embedded in the midst of game playing, these kind of games enables the person to think for himself and provide quick and reliable solution to overcome all obstacles. It might get a bit tiring and stressful half way through the game, but if the player is able to survive the hardships, then it just shows that he has a very high determination level, which is definitely useful in any form of real-life management.
The reason why these role-playing games are highly anticipated is because it encourages integrated thinking and quick action plans. This enables to player to be a quick and effective leader. Furthermore, most of these role playing games are played such that the player wins only when all the other members of the player’s platoon or pack makes it through together with the player. This aspect of the game encourages the player to be a leader who is capable is leading a big pack, confidently.
Many people might sneer at the ability of these games to bring out the leadership qualities within the player itself because these leadership qualities that are developed in the virtual worlds are not exactly applicable in real life context. This is when many of them are wrong. According to Einstein, we humans only use 10% of our brain, as such to make use of the other 90%; we have to work it out through the use of other techniques such as mind teaser games and role playing games.
It is always easier to be a follower than a leader. As such, in order to be an outstanding leader, one will definitely have to put in the extra effort and only when he does so, he is able to push his leadership capabilities to the maximum.
Article source: ArticleDashboard
If you like the articles from this blog subscribe to RSS Feed or via email